Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the place of prayer

Hi Overcomers!!

Before I go on, I'll like you to know who's in charge here. It's not me and since you didn't write this, it definitely not you! This blog is run by the Holy Spirit of the Most High God! Yours truly is only an employee- a very happy one though! He's really wonderful to work with! That you are reading this is no coincidence. Trust me, my Boss knows. He actually planned it.
Now that you know who's Boss, you can relax and keep reading.

A few weeks ago, I asked myself why I was Christian. I only got to think about it for a short while before something else caught my attention. This question must really be important because a few days later, it came knocking at my door again.

You see, that morning, I woke up with the words, "in the place of prayer" on my heart. So I sat down at my cousin's desk, armed with my Bible, my devotionals, paper and pen. I don't remember if I had begun to pray or not but the Holy Spirit brought the question up again. This time I wasn't going free. He whispered, "Write". And that's how I wrote my note on Facebook titled, "I'm Christian because...". That's where all this was birthed: in the place of prayer and by the Holy Spirit.
The note, which I'll post soon, tells about God's love that pulled me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). It's my answer to the question. With the note, I completed the sentence - I'm Christian because...

The Holy Spirit also gave me Revelation 12:11 which reads, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony...". This is a movement of overcomers! By telling our testimonies, having been washed clean by the Blood of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we have overcome the devil!

God's love is boundless! He loved us even while we were yet sinners (Romans 5:8). A Holy God loved us unholy, unworthy people! So He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us that through Jesus' death, we may be reconciled with Him! Then, when we were reconciled with Him, He put His Holy Spirit in us! God's Spirit is in you! Amazing! Now we are called to live victorious lives through Him that loved us (Romans 8:37)!!

This is a movement of testifiers. People who are not ashamed to say what God has brought them through, what He has delivered them from. We are not ashamed to say we are saved! We believe our God and have faith in His words and promises and so He is not ashamed to be called our God! (Hebrews 11:16).

So we are young (if not physically, then at heart) and unashamed and we shout and declare, We are Christian because...
I've done my part, do yours: Complete the sentence!


My Boss loves you and so do I,

✝ Child Of Promise♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below..