Sunday, January 24, 2010

Child of Promise is Christian because...


So I said I was going to put up the Facebook note. Here it is:

For many years of my life, I stumbled in darkness. Sin is like a black hole, without help, one would simply sink deeper. For many years, I was in this black hole called Sin, sinking yet not wanting any help. I had grown accustomed to the darkness- I liked it! But deep within, because I had been brought up in God's Word, I knew there was something much better than darkness. I knew there was light. I knew there was Jesus -THE light. At times, I would try hard to get to the light on my own but I never could. I prayed and read my Bible, most of the time still in sin, but praying and reading the Bible alone don't save you. One night, God made me see how much darkness was around me. He opened my eyes to see the error of my ways and the emptiness of religion, which tells you that your good works can save you or that going to church, praying or reading your Bible can save you. God didn't do this to condemn me. Oh not at all!! My God loves me!! As soon as I called out to Him, He reached out and pulled me out of the hole. I needed a Savior and being the only True Savior, Jesus stepped in. His blood washed me clean of all my sins (and still does) and God put His Holy Spirit in me.

I'm Christian because God loves me. He sent His Son to die for the sins of the world, forgiving them and making it possible for everyone to be reconciled with Him. I accepted this forgiveness and so I'm reconciled with God. I'm righteous; In fact, I have been made "the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" (2 Corinthians 5:21). I'm Christian because I love God and everyday, in His strength, I live for Him. I'm Christian because I'm saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8) and by the blood of Jesus. I'm Christian because God's Holy Spirit lives in me (1 Timothy 1:14, 2 Corinthians 1:22), loving me, directing me and keeping me (John 14:26, John 16:13). I'm Christian because "my life is hid in Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3). I love Him because He first loved me (1 John 4:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments below..