Thursday, July 22, 2010

PLEASE NEVER STOP

I'm a KC alumnus and came to US to pursue a degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Illinois Urbana Champaign in Fall 2008. I was on fire for God when I left Nigeria and was just waiting to explode for God in my campus. Prior to my coming I had seen tons of Christian organizations in my school online so was even more excited. However on arriving I realized lots of the Christian organizations were not as mature as any I knew  (cos I spent a semester in UNN before coming) or expected. I wanted to talk about the Holy Spirit and all but the Christians I knew seemed clueless. I remember I had to go and talk to one of the guys because I realized he was always uncomfortable around me. On talking to him he told me it's was cos he wasn't sure if I was going to ask or bring up on topic about God or the Holy Spirit or something..,..lol

I was looking for Pastor Chris' messages but didn't know where to get or listen to them but thank God I now know. I finally committed to a church called the Vineyard after my first semester cos they are the closest I have seen to their understanding of the things of God and the reality that the Holy Spirit dwells and works through and in us. I attended weekly bible studies and Sunday services and they were good but I wanted much much more.

After my freshman year, I was made a small group or bible study leader with my friend so we led small group in Fall '09 and also held a weekly prayer meeting for our campus. It was a blessing but after it I was almost getting burnt out cos it was as though I was pouring out into lives but had no source to receive. In addition to this, I was not doing excellently in my classes and had to retake two classes in my Spring semester. By Spring semester not only had the fire of God I had almost totally extinguished, I was almost running from God and was TIRED. I had tons and tons of doubts about almost everything and began to live in fear. Wanted to change my major, was in fear that I would be kicked out of Engineering(interestingly, a friend had a dream in my freshman year that I was kicked out of Engineering), felt I was not smart enough, was skeptical if my student visa will be renewed and was daily or should i say hourly negative(it was horrible).

Then there came your blogs. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon them but your blogs began to stir the Christ consciousness once more in me. I found myself instead of going to bed, staying up late to read your blogs and I remember checking or looking forward to Deji's blogs on Thursdays.

Now, I'm looking back and smiling, laughing and once more beginning to soar high in the things of God. I was not kicked out of Engineering cos God has called me to it, I went for my visa renewal towards the end of May and instead of an interview, I was gisting with the consular officer, I'm yearning to set curves for my coming classes cos the wisdom of God is in me and I shall be the head and not the tail, the first and not the last, I was born to win.
                                                                                                            

7 comments:

  1. i am glad to have read this and touched by your testimony. God is indeed still working in our lives and he never stops even when we feel all hope is lost. God bless u so much for sharing such a testimony. that was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS WHY WE SHOULD ALWAYS PUT OUR TRUST IN GOD FOR HE IS NOT A MAN TO LIE.GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! That was an amazing testimony Emeka!

    True.. university life is a totally different ball-game, but God will continue to help us as we seek Him.
    Remain encouraged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will surely perfect all that concern you, Emeka. Continue to show others the way.
    God bless you.

    Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great is our God! Who is like unto thee, O Lord?
    Amazing testimony! He reminds us all the time that he will never leave nor forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this encouraging testimony. It is eays for us Christians to forget how much God loves us and wants us to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you for sharing this with everyone its encouraging to see another christian with an understanding of God's purpose and the fact that without the Holy Spirit we wud be powerless noisemakers trying with our own human understanding to win souls for Christ. Please keep sharing im pretty sure there are many people who still think that the gift of th Holy Spirit is for "special people".

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below..