Saturday, February 20, 2010

God's Power moves through His people's testimonies


During the very early hours of the morning on 8th of february, I was going through facebook and then suddenly, I saw a new message. You know the feeling of wishing it's a really nice message, all for me to check and it was from the group "I'm a christian because...". I was dissapointed and actually thought about leaving the group to avoid all those 'unnecessary' messages. The message was about a new testimony on the blogpost. Although, it wasn't the first time I was receiving such messages, on this occassion, I decided to check out the blog- little did I know what God had planned out for me. I started reading the various testimonies and I was deeply moved. It wasn't long before I started crying and praying amidst tears. By the time I got to CJ's testimony, I was crying so much and saying lots of things to God. I desired the presence of the Holyspirit- 1 John3:24(Amplified)
24All who keep His commandments [who obey His orders and follow His plan, live and continue to live, to stay and] abide in Him, and He in them. They let Christ be a home to them and they are the home of Christ.] And by this we know and understand and have the proof that He [really] lives and makes His home in us: by the [Holy] Spirit Whom He has given us.

Before long, I was speaking in tongues but I had doubts and I was still praying for what I already had. I always thought that the first time you start speaking in tongues, it would be for about an hour or more, you'll be shouting and stuff like that (remember that this is the case with some people and there's nothing wrong with that). Later that day, I sent a message to Tolu about my experience and my doubts, and her reply was really encouraging and insightful. She gave me lots of scriptures to read about the Holyspirit which stenghtened me greatly. I also sent a message to CJ whose testimony really gave me the burning desire to receive the Holyspirit and hear the Voice of God. He explained so many things to me that centered on the diverse ways God speaks and then he also said the Holyspirit just whispered to him that I was going to hear Him(Holyspirit) tell me things as I read the message. By the time I finished reading, I still didn't hear anything and I was disappointed. All along, I was waiting to hear an audible voice( which I would still hear really soon cos His words are ye and amen and He said my sheep hear my voice), but CJ made me understand that desiring the experiences of others might not always work as He treats everyone differenly and His word(Bible) is one of the many ways He speaks to you(and I've got evidence of that as well). It wasn't until some days later that I understood that reading the message CJ sent about me hearing Him speak was actually Him speaking to me through CJ.
It's been a week now and have developed this strong desire to always read the Bible which prior to now was like a task and routine for me every morning or afternoon, as the case may be. It's like there's so much to know and its so interesting. Know that it's not just about reading the Bible but doing what it says but it's only the Holyspirt our helper that can help you do this, so go ahead, receive Him, make His heart your home as He's making yours His home. John 15:4(KJV)
4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
God loves you and wants you to dwell with Him eternally, that's why He sent His son Jesus to die. I leave you with this, 1 John 3 which is kind of my favourite part of the Bible now.
Tomilola Lawal.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome Testimony, Sister Tomi - Keep shining for the Master, and He'll use you mightily!!! I'll go read 1 John 3 again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C.J, I definately will. I just luv 1 John 3 cos it tells, you alot on what to expect as a christian and what your life should be like.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below..