Thursday, June 9, 2011

I've got testimonies!

As I sat at my desk at work, I felt the urge to call my mum. It hadn’t been long since my last conversation with her but it was always good talking to her. So I called her and we spoke generally about how we were both doing. I told her about my work and the amazing things I was getting to do. I also told her about the idea God had just given me, speaking confidently about it because God had also given me boldness - boldness that awakened me to the fact that anything is possible for me because I’m in Christ.

My mum shared an awesome testimony with me. She had been looking to start an academic program for some time and to do this, she need to fulfill certain requirements. She needed her GPA from her previous program to be higher than the stipulated minimum and she also wanted a program that would offer funding.  After a prolonged period of waiting and inquiring, she finally got her GPA. It was less than what was required but on getting home, she found that there was a mistake in the calculations. By God’s favor and grace, she got it corrected and in the end, her GPA was higher than the required minimum!
This was absolutely amazing and what’s more was that she found a program that met her criteria! It came with a scholarship, was at a renowned institution, and its location would allow her to be close to her house. Her testimony got me really excited. God is faithful! I thanked him for giving us the desires of our heart and that His plans for us are always huge and fueled by love.
Today, I thank Him for inspiring faith in me with all the wonderful blessings he gives me.
In addition, at work I’m doing things that are absolutely amazing and I’m thankful for the opportunity. I’m constantly reminded that, as he told me, His word propels me and sets me apart in everything I do!
I love God! And YES! I’ve got testimonies!


----Tolu Kehinde
Loved By God.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! We all have testimonies to the glory if His name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love of God is so amazing and it is new every moment. May we continue to abide in His love always and always have testimonies.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below..