Saturday, March 20, 2010

YES! I have testimonies!!

I have been meaning to this for the past week but laziness got the better of me. I wanted to give the testimony in church but i was too shy to go out. Here it goes!

I’m a Christian. Yes i can proudly say that. Right from when I was small, my parents have been religious. They go to church but weren’t believers. Thank God that now they are Christians. Being religious help me memorize different bible passages. Anyway when I was young, I made the decision to be a Christian in every sense of the word. I decided i wanted to know God better and serve him with all my heart, mind and soul. That is not an easy task. As i entered high school, it became really difficult to read my bible. I had a devotional which i read every morning but i didn’t understand what i was reading. I spoke to some friends about it and they encouraged me not to give up. At home, my parents taught me to always talk to God about everything in my life no matter how little. That was how God became my best friend. I still have a problem with reading the word with understanding but i thank God that he’s still there for me. I had a problem with speaking in tongues. At first, i felt like people were faking it because they kept saying the same thing but eventually I started to believe. I also wanted the gift. In church, our pastor prayed for us to receive the Holy Spirit and frankly, I was expecting some mighty feeling to come over me and i felt nothing. One day, all of a sudden, i found myself speaking in tongues and i was so glad. Since then i have been able to pray in tongues.

Now my testimony: I had a physics test coming up and physics and I aren’t exactly friends. I struggled with it through high school and here it was again. I had heard stories of how tough the professor was and so i postponed taking it for a while. I decided to brave it this semester. During the summer holidays, i prayed to God about it and made a vow to him. Well it was time for my first test and i was practising, it was like i didn’t know anything. I was still solving the easier questions and yet i wasn’t getting any. I was getting really frustrated as the test was in 2 days. I cried out my heart to God and begged him for help. Well i wrote the test and it turned out well. I didn’t get a hundred but i did well....reasonably well. I remembered God’s word, ‘cry unto me and I’ll hear you and answer me from my holy heaven’. He did exactly just that.

Now another thing is whenever I’m in church, I cry a lot. Am easily moved by any song in church or how people are praying and am not. I didn’t know why exactly until last week Sunday when we had a wonderful service in church. We were told to pray generally and i was praying i started crying. I didn’t know why exactly but i was crying so much, i couldn’t pray again. I have always wondered why whenever the pastors are laying hands on people they never come to me. I still don’t know why. As i was crying, I became afraid that the pastor will come and touch me. Well he did, and he gave me the best news ever. ‘God says He has forgiven you. Go and sin no more. Go and live a holy life. Out of your belly shall flow, springs of living water’. Wow!! I now realize why i was crying, i had always been feeling guilty in front of God. I had always been feeling inadequate and now I’m finally free.

Thank you Jesus!

Yes I’ve finally let it out.

Adaora Alaedu

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Dear Ada!!! You've been made free..enjoy your life of Freedom in God, dear woman of God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this post...I am still waiting for the anointing though. To hear from God and to minister in tongues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chayil Psalm 37:4 says we should delight ourselves in the Lord and He will grant us the desires of our heart.
    Just keep delighting in God and the gifts you desire will be manifested.
    When you read the Bible, pay attention to what God is saying through His Word; you'll be training your spirit to recognize the voice of God. The HolySpirit is always with you!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments below..